17.2.10

Two days in Zurix for Chrristodoulos Panayiotou's exhibition at the Kunsthalle

The view from my window at monsieur JCFG's lovely apartment... ...remind me of a Magritte painting I saw at the Kunsthaus a little later... ...where an Ernst work in the room of Giacomettis stole my heart and took my mind back to where I come from... ...the sea. Here Christodoulos' work on Sarah Bernhard's carved throne at Belle-île-en-Mer, where every morning she would sit and speak to the waters.. beautifully installed in the far end corner. My gift from london... Elad Lassry double exposed A guest and a host... ? two ghosts! ... I fell in love with Comix's new boots, following them under tables The day after the party... ... I was a bit confused; where am I? Ugo Rondinone showed me the way... ...and entered the most bizarre museum, Landes; there was a beautiful wooden, lionheaded sleigh, the most amazing cupboard from 1939, half was wood carved and half was a mirror, extremely beautiful tapestries, while the modern was in a very peculiar dialogue with the romantic days and their products. A Swiss photo journalist prize reminded me again, who I was there for... And who I am... ... found senior JG in a corridor and left the city dreaming of more lakes and castles and swans; waking up the morning after in Istanbul I somehow felt I'd been dreaming.

No comments: